Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blog 8


http://i.imgur.com/OrJunPB.png

These isoline maps represent the hours of sunshine each depicted area receives in a year. The amount of sunshine in a day plays an incredibly significant role in the emotion of the affected population. Growing up in southern California, I was able to play outside in the summer without the sun fully setting until 8:30 or 9 at night. It was awesome. On the other end of the spectrum, I have also lived in Ireland and it was dark by 6 (or 5 in the wintertime). The less sun there was, the less energized I felt. The more sunlight, the higher the inclination was to stay up and out of the house.

1 comment:

  1. You grew up in SoCal?? I'm originally from West Hills (far end of San Fernando Valley). For the longest time I didn't want to move back, but now each time I visit I find myself missing the climate and year-round outdoor environment. And the lack of mosquitos!

    ReplyDelete